I have been wanting to post this for awhile now. About this time last year I say that I had my mid-life crisis. I turned 30 this year and I knew that it would hit me hard. It is one of those milestones that people don’t usually look forward to. But I took a different approach to turning 30. I could not get out of my mind that Jesus was 30 when he started his ministry. And his ministry only lasted three short years. So I wanted to set some things into place that would not only shape my next three years, but hopefully generations to come. God knows everything before it happens, and little did I know that I would become a father at the age of 30. So this year has been and will be life changing in so many different ways. With all of this being sad, I decided to sit down and hammer out my Life Objective. Something that I can and should live for to set the ground work for my growing family and for generations to come in order to reach His kingdom and ultimately change the world. I have only shared this with a few people, but I have been thinking that it has helped shape me, why not share it with as many people as possible. Here is what I came up with:
I resolve before God and my Family to…
- Live a life of honor and integrity.
- Act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly.
- Always fight for the hearts and souls of others by confronting evil.
- Always stand up for what is right, even if that means that I am the only one standing.
- Always learn from my mistakes, hoping to never willfully repeat them.
- Vow to never stop learning and live and practice what I preach.
- Always be a man answerable to God, and to be held accountable for my actions.
- Learn to outpace the concerns for others.
- Stop complaining and start doing.
- Always pray for others, and always try to be and build disciples for Christ.
- Waste no moment or opportunity, especially in honoring and representing our heavenly father faithfully to make disciples of all nations.
- Strive to always be an intimate friend, truthful leader, strong protector, and a loving provider.
- Always positively determine the direction of my future generations to come. All while giving all the glory to God, forever and always.
Over the next few post I am going to break these down and touch on each of the points individually. Hope you enjoy and are able to take something away from it. If you are not happy with where you are, why not start making changes today. Who knows how many generations you can impact by a small decision you make today.