The other day I passed over, what I thought was a major threshold. 500 followers on my blog. Now, I never thought I’d get there, I’m truly humbled. So in honor of this, here’s 500 things I’ve learned thus far…
1. It doesn’t matter how many followers you have. Now this might sound hypocritical, especially since I’m writing this because I reached 500 followers. But I’m writing for the one. If each post can change one person, isn’t that what it’s all about? Would you rather have 4 quarters or 100 pennies in your pocket? Jesus only needed 12 to change the world. See my point? Write for the one, not the 500.
2. You never know who’s reading. That’s what is so scary about blogging to me. Several times I’ve had people come up to me and ask me about my blog. One time I thought, you can read? Another I immediately felt unworthy and shocked that they took time to read my random ramblings. But I always say write what’s on your heart, don’t filter your thoughts out of fear over who may be reading.
3. Above all else, be consistent. This doesn’t just apply to blogging but also life in general. Be always there. And don’t give. There will be highs and lows, but you have to keep moving. Always forward and never look back.
4. Is this thing even on? Sometimes you may feel like your talking to yourself, but that’s usually when you can get through to someone. I tend to be more open and honest when I’m at the low points. But when you actually open your eyes and look around, you’ll see you aren’t the only one there. So be real. Share. Help out those around you.
5. It’s like catching water. I love bath time with my daughter. Tonight I noticed that she was trying to grab the water as it was coming out of the faucet. It likes like something that you can grasp, but when you open your hand there’s nothing there. Sound like life? Trying to grab ahold of something so tight, only to be left empty handed. So don’t try and grab ahold of those things, instead grab ahold of the little moments, like bath time with your daughter.
Maybe I won’t make it to 500 lessons tonight, but stay tuned and I might accidentally say something somewhat intelligent that you can grasp onto. Thanks for reading!